A-C strives for a zero incidence rate. Our philosophy is that all accidents are preventable and safety is the responsibility of every employee, all of the time. The employees of A-C Electric Company are our most valuable asset, and no aspect of business is given a greater priority than their personal safety. This conviction is reflected in our superb EMR rating, OSHA recordable rate and top-notch safety program.
The A-C Electric Company Safety Program makes every effort to provide a secure environment for its employees and is fully compliant with all local, state, and federal safety requirements. The core components of our approach are:
- Developing production procedures with safety as a focus
- Code of safe practices and a written safety policy
- Injury and illness prevention program
- General and task-specific safety training
- Equipping employees with the proper tools for safe work practices
- Regular inspections at the job site
- Incentive program to foster a safety mindset in employees
Respect for safety is evidenced at every level of our business. We employ a full-time safety administrator, who champions the program and is responsible for Safety & Loss Control. The division manager and project managers enforce the use of safety equipment and safe work practices on every job. Each foreman has the day-to-day responsibility of ensuring A-C Electric Company’s Safety Program is carried out in the field, and every employee under his supervision is encouraged to make safety a personal priority. At A-C Electric Company, safety is more than a handbook: it’s a culture.